Thursday, August 25, 2005

Google Talk

Well, they've done it. Google's finally taking on Gates himself. They've released Google Talk, facing off against the almighty MSN. They've added VoIP. In a nutshell, you can talk to your buddies over the internet. All that's needed are speakers (check) and a microphone (Say, Dad, how's about a quick trip to Sim Lim?). I think MSN has it too, but God knows how well that works. Maybe with Google Talk's simpler interface, we'll all sound better. And Google being Google, it's all FREE!!!

C'mon, chances are you're Singaporean. You can't resist free stuff anymore than I can't resist Maria Sharapova wearing a bikini the size of my thumb. The interface is much, much simpler than most of the IMs I tried. I got no one in my Buddy List yet so I can't say how the chat works. But you can fix that, can you? My e-mail's on the right, so invite me already! Installation is dead easy and super-quick, it's done faster than you can say "Gates is a wiener".

And admit it. This is a good way to stick it to Big Bad Microsoft right?

Sadly, only Gmail account holders can use it. But heck, I've got 46 more invitations so just ask and ye will receive.

And before I forget, here's Google Earth. Good for spying on my own neighbourhood. Also free. Makes me almost want a Ph.D so I can work in Google.

No comments: