Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I like Mars bars

I recently got an e-mail. It goes a little something like this:

> > >Do you know .. ???
> > >
> > >"Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August. It
> > >will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will cultimate
> > >on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65 M.Miles of earth. Be sure to
>watch
> > >the sky on Aug. 27 2005, at 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2
> > >moons. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Share this
>with
> > >ur friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again"

That got me excited. For awhile. Then I remembered reading something like this LAST year. And so I Googled a bit. And you know what? Right! It's another hoax courtesy of the Internet.

Just be glad this ain't no virus. Still, it really did happen in 2003. I just wished I knew about it then. Did you know, I dreamt about seeing our neighbouring planets twice now. I especially particularly enjoyed the first one, where I was in a long corridor with 8 doors, each leading to a different planet in our Solar System. Seeing Saturn must have made me giggle in my sleep.

Gotta go get started on Jane Eyre now. I hear it's a Victorian novel that is NOT used as a cure for imsonia.

No comments: