Friday, June 30, 2006

Ok, maybe me talking about vomiting in the last post, and now this, falls under the 'too much info' category. But hey, I haven't done so in 10 years. That's a record I'm very proud of.

Here's something peculiar about myself. It seems the most creative time in my brain's life so far is whenever I get horribly, bed-riddenly (sic) sick.

(Wait, was that a bad pun in that last sentence?)

So, last night, I took mum's advice about inducing vomiting. (Toothbrushes are good with that). Oddly enough, while I was kneeling in front of the toilet bowl, my brain was at that very moment creating a little nursery rhyme, replacing "1, 2, Buckle My Shoe" (or was it "1, 2, Freddy's coming for you"?), with this:

1,2, Out came all the goo
3,4, Horrid smells galore
5,6, How'd I get in this fix?
7,8, Am so full of hate
9,10, Never eat again

Hey, gimme a break! Consider what I was doing while that rhyme was forming in my head.

Let me just say this, without going into the gory details: having not vomited for a decade, my body sure made up for lost time last night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from the blog of my friend (and incurable Francophile) Shanaz:

It was getting pretty crowded as the MRT was approaching Raffles Place and a group of young Malay girls and boys entered at Redhill (or was it Tiong Bahru??) Anyways, they were all dressed up in those current, hip sub-culture clothes. You get the picture. Red and black tie, thick eyeliner, ruffled hair, My Chemical Romance t-shirts, knee length socks etc. Whatever you call it lah. They were talking and talking.....and then.....the bombshell dropped.

One of the girls turned to the guys and asked loudly "Eh, asal Ronaldinho tak main untuk Barcelona kat World Cup ah? Asal dia main untuk Brazil pulak??"

Translation from Minah to English: "Why is Ronaldinho not playing for Barcelona in the WC? Why is he playing for Brazil instead??"

Heh, what do you know? A good dose of laughter is the best medicine!

No comments: