Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mmhmm, I was planning a little story, one of those which will entertain people while hinting at my current cause of gloom. But, eh, I'm not in the mood.

So, straight up: Two times I've been placed in the public spotlight now. Two times, I crashed and burned horribly.

Nerves can be a terrible, yet picky, enemy. Those in control of their emotions, those supremely confident in themselves, they rarely get troubled by nerves. As opposed to people like me, well, nerves eat us for breakfast.

The usual thing: get confidence, be less nervous, bla bla bla. I'm way past getting sick of talking about this.

Oh, I'm over the cock-up itself. I'm just still not over the fact that said cock-up might have single-handedly destroyed a friend's dream. I'm just glad she was calm enough to save the whole thing.

You have to understand, I was entrusted with one simple yet vital job, and I blew it. I failed her and myself.

Nerves are one thing, in the end, they're quite manageable. But, guilt. That won't leave in a hurry.

Yep, I cannot wait till I get to the point where me and her can both laugh about this. I know Don is.

Now, I'm going to go work on that project that I've put off for way too long.

No comments: