Friday, March 02, 2007

I'm supposed to be at work at this very moment.

-evil grin- :D

Here's something that made the computer geek AND the grammar police in me smile: there's an extension called Greasemonkey for Firefox. Basically, it allows you to write and install scripts to change some stuff in any website. Write a certain script, hey presto! Google's name is now written in Yahoo's font! Stuff like that. And I just installed a script that'll let you know if a certain website is overusing adverbs ending with -ly by highlighting those last two letters. It's all great fun.


Apparently, generally overusing adverbs relatively weakens sentences considerably. (See what I mean?)

I've made it so that it will check all the blogs I read regularly. Quite frankly, guys, I see a lot of yellow highlights. Thusly, I suggest you all should do something about it. Immediately.

Thanks to Lifehacker. Now there's a geeky blog if I ever read one.

No comments: