Monday, June 07, 2004

I don't know what he does to make you cry...

Why, oh why, did I pick a Backstreet Boys song to sing for the auditions? 'Stuck in the Middle with you' suits my voice better! Ah phooey, what's done is done. Here are the details of my time in Suntec.

Saturday: I took the 77 to Suntec vai the hotel. As expected, there were too many people too count. So I took my place in the line. My first test came when it started drizzling. That forced me to share my umbrella with a guy called Justin. I'd prefer sharing it with a gal named Cameron, but hey. Anyway, I made friends with the guy. A good singer this one. I stood out there in the rain, not being able to sit for fear of wetting my pants, for 3 hours. Then it was time to get up to the registration area. Big place that. Anyway, I registered, went to the toilet, waved at the cameraman filming us outside the toilet (Perv!) and took my place at the queue to the audition area. Made some more friends with some guys. Meanwhile, some crazy guy (You'd know him as Gurmit) tried stirring us up. No problems there, they were ready to make as much noise as possible. He went round the area, interviewing any people who were standing out, including this gal right behind me. One thng I learned at that moment was that I was finally getting over my shyness. How'd I know? All the cameras were pointing my direction, focusing on the girl but I was at the background. Also, I didn't get nervous, at all, with the fact that Gurmit was sitting just an inch from me. That's when I knew that, whether I'll make it or not, I will be able to face the judges without freaking out too much. Unlike that OCOM presentation a few months ago. Anyway, we were stuck in that queue for five long hours. Never got bored though. Had a fun time trying to catch Carrie Chong's attention. I'm still wondering what Diana Ser was doing there. At 3.30PM, the line finally started moving. But of course Murphy's Law (look it up at Google) came into effect, and I was told that there were too many people right now and I cou;d come back tommorrow. Okie dokie then. I was OK about it. All the otheres weren't. I just thought of it as more practice.

Tomorrow: Sunday's Events.

No comments: