Thursday, October 28, 2004

Here we go...

Erk. Yesterday was a painful day. Now I know how it feels like when you have a body temperature of 39 degrees Celsius. Not for the weak, I tell ya. Ooof. And for some reason, my dad has a fever too. I still think it was because of the burgers he bought a few days ago. Not that I don't want to eat Ramly burgers again (Best Burgers in the World) but maybe he should watch where he buys them, because hey, roadside stalls aren't exactly goldne examples of hygeine you know. Anyway, I feel tons better now, temperature dropping to 37.5. Glad that's over. Voice is still hoarse though. Mom allowed me not to fast today. I don't mind, I have no appetite anyway. Man, this fever really did a number on my head, it feels like I went a round with Mike Tyson on steroids. Last night, I thought my mom was Santa Claus. It was that bad.

Fever can give you strange dreams at night.

I'm a regular follower of award shows, I get all giggly when one comes around. Oscar for example, I wanted Return of the King to win. Boy, did it ever! And now, up comes the Asian Television Awards, saluting the best in Asian Television. I noticed one thing in the history of the ATA. In the Acting categories, to my knowledge, and memory, no Malay has ever been nominated. I'm not surprised of course, since in Drama, they tend to over-act or under-perform while in Comedy, most are just lame. Which is why I'm rubbing my eyes to see Aaron Aziz nominated for Best Drama Actor for his role in Heartlanders and Suhaimi Yusof nominated for Best Comedy Actor for his role in Living With Lydia. Aaron, I confess, deserves the nom. Not sure if he deserves to win. He'll be up against the usual Thai soap actors the ATA likes to favor. Still, he should be proud, being the only Singaporean drama actor nominated. Drama is Singapore telly's weak point (Masters of the Seas, Paradise) Suhaimi though. I never really liked him. Living With Lydia depended too much on slapstick and Suhaimi was one of the biggest offenders. And the fact that Lydia herself wasn't nominated shows that the judges consider Suhaimi the best performer in the show. What?!?! Regardless, he must have shown that extra something to be nominated and for that, I commend him. Better him than Gurmit Singh AGAIN! Here's the link.

Blogs are really catching on, aren't they? There even was programme dedicated to it the other day. Searching around, I found a site that featured the best Singapore Blogs of last year. Winner? You all may have heard of her. Xiaxue. Not sure whether I like it. I mean, look at all that PINK!!! But she does blog in her own unique and funny way. Being quite the looker (and I bet she's proud of being quite the looker) helps. Hmmm, you know, my blog already has a catchy name. I wonder if I submit it for award consideration......eh, maybe 2005.

Wendy, if you're reading this, which is beyond doubtful but if you are, know that I have become one of the gazillion people that have become inspired by you. And Jamie Yeo is sexy. Yes, maybe a little on the skinny side, but still sexy enough for my uncontrollable hormones.

Long post isn't it? Guess what they say is true: "Good writers must suffer like mad. The best die before they form a sentence." OK, I made that up.

It is awkward isn't it, eating baked potatoes in daytime during the fasting month? They're delicious, too bad I still feel like puking.

19 days until Valve and Vivdendi Universal Games unleash the heavenly gaming goodness that is Half-Life 2......

No comments: