Monday, June 06, 2005

Ding Ding a Bing a Ding

The Most Annoying Thing In The World

I love music. It can please you, depress you, make you laugh, make you hurl. And right now, in the UK, a ringtone is making everyone lose their lunch.

See, this ringtone is the very first one ever to make it to Number 1 in the UK charts. Now everyone's calling it the Death of Music as we know it. Which is complete rubbish. I mean, if pop music can survive the era of the Boybands in the late 90s, it can survive anything. Anyway, the song in question is Crazy Frog's Axel F, combining the Crazy Frog ringtone (which is basically a guy trying to mimic the sound a scooter makes) and the theme from the movie Beverly Hills Cop.

I have a soft spot for cheesy techno music. Blame it on all the times I've heard those techno songs from the carnivals and pasar malams when I was a kid. Clicking on that link above will lead you to the video of Crazy Frog's Axel F, and you will realize that that song is one of the absolute best examples of "cheesy techno music" ever.

Me? Heck, I like it. I might even buy the ringtone, just to piss those music purists off.

Because I feel a little insane, here are the lyrics:
Beh-ding ding ding ding dididing ding bing bing pscht,
Dorhrm bom bom bedom bem bom bedom bom bum ba ba bom bom,
Bouuuuum bom bom bedahm, Bom be barbedarm bedabedabedabeda
Bbrrrrrimm bbrrrrramm bbbrrrrrrrrraammmmm ddddddraammm,
Bah bah baah baah ba wheeeeeee-eeeee-eeeee!

No comments: