Friday, June 10, 2005

Episode III: The Overdue Review

I suppose since it's been 2 weeks since I've watched EpIII, I might as well write the review that I promised. But since I'm still too lazy to write a long ass composition, I'll write a summary.

Let's split the movie in 3 parts: The first 20 minutes, the nezt 40 or so minutes, and the final hour.

First 20 minutes: Now how can you not geek out at possibly the 2nd greatest space battle of all time? (First being Return of the Jedi) If the battle doesn't get your blood pumping, you must be General Grievous's long lost kid (Grievous by the way is a disappointment, nowhere near Darth Maul in the cool ratings). R2-D2 practically steals the show here, being the kick-ass robot we know he is.

Next 40 or so minutes: The weak link of the movie. Anakin and Padme's scenes, while an improvement, are still a bore. In fact, this whole stretch of the film is very talky, it bogs down the movie. With the exception of Palpatine. He is the star of the movie.

Final hour: This is the part I really wanted to see. Obi-Wan fighting Grievous. Palpatine mind-f*&king Anakin. Mace's final scene. The last 2 fights are the highlights. Yoda vs Palpatine pits the most powerful Jedi with the most powerful Sith. And it sizzles like steak. (That means it rocks) (Note about Yoda: In the cinema I watched it in, there were these 2 girls who kept saying about Yoda: SO CUUUTE!!!! I mean, ok, he is a little, but come on!) Anakin vs Obi-Wan, well it was a bit of a let-down. The fight itself I mean. The atmosphere, the repartee are just awesome. And the end of the fight, I admit, I nearly cried. Nearly, mind you. Which leads to my favourite scene, Darth Vader reborn. I tell you, I nearly pissed my pants hearing the first Vader breath and seeing Vader stand up. The 'NOOOOOOO!'? Well, ok, maybe it should be replaced by a mournful cry. 'AAARRRRRRGH!'

Well, that looks like a rush job doesn't it? Told you I'm lazy. Well, that's my review and I'm sticking to it. Rating: $9.00 out of a maximum $9.50

No comments: