Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Holy two part post, Batman!

D-Day: 24th June 2005

We have a special blog post today! A two-parter!

Part 1

You all know life has its 'What If...' moments right? Right now, I have three of 'em. In my ongoing attempt to be more open I'm going to let you guys in on 'em. 2 of those 'What Ifs', some of you may have heard, maybe a little too many times. One, I've kept to myself all these years.

What If No. 1: ...I had asked Shikin out a little earlier?
This, of course, I have mentioned so many times, I think people are getting sick about it. But what can I say? In the 19 years and 4 months I've been on this planet, no other female has inspired in me such feelings of love and joy and sorrow that I nearly burst into from the inside. And that's only when I simply look at her! Another thing I rue is the fact that I didn't talk to her nearly enough. I've forgotten what she sounded like.

Nevertheless, I had to get over her. I had to. Obsessing about her even as she was dating another boy was not healthy. So right now, as of this moment, I am glad to say, I have FINALLY gotten over her. Time really is a great healer, huh? I figured, Life goes on. At least she's happy, many fishes in the sea, bla bla bla. But you want to know what really made me get over her?

This. She looks good, no doubts there. But instead of being the girl I know and almost loved I remembered back in YISS, in those pictures, she now reminds me of 'GASP' my sister.

You can't imagine how much of a turn-off that is.

So, if I ever see Shikin again (maybe this Hari Raya), I don't expect to freeze and babble and come close to fainting like I once did. Instead, I will smile, greet her, and treat her just like my sister. Ok, a little nicer than that.

What If no. 2: ...I had auditioned for Merchant of Venice?
Again, this is something I have mentioned time and again. For the record, I didn't audition because I had to register for my IC. You could say I should have gone earlier. And you'd be right. But I had no idea where to go then, so my dad had to bring me there. Thing is, he was only free at the very last day of registering. The very same day of the auditions. So here's my choice, Register and don't audition, I won't get a part in the play. Vice versa, I get hit with a fine. Easy choice right?

No such problems for my sis, who auditioned and got a role as an extra, which I wouldn't have minded. Really, I would have played a dead body just to get on that stage.

Anyhow, thanks to my IT club, I did get to film the play using a digital camera. One perk of that: a backstage pass. Better than nothing I suppose. Only used it once, to get a Coke from the vending machine. Yep, excellent perks.

So to round off this particular 'What If', three things about the lady who played 'Portia' in Merchant of Venice.

1) I never knew she existed before the play.
2) The first we met face to face, I had to pay the fine for an overdue library book. I didn't have the money, so she, who was standing next to me, paid it for me. As of now, I still owe her 10 cents. BTW, that book? William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice.
3) She's the only girl other than Shikin I've asked out. Well, what can I say? She is hot in her own special way. Too bad, like Shikin, I was a few months too late.

I have GOT to work on my timing.

I'll leave the 3rd What If for another time, shall I? Yes, I think I shall.

Part 2

A short Part really. It's about the Caped Crusader, the Dark Knight, the Scourge of Gotham's Criminals, the master of countless martial arts, the wearer of a funny-looking costume and the holder of a criminally high amount of cash.

Honestly, if I have to say his name, you really should watch more TV. It's not as bad as they say it is, you know!

Back in 2002, someone said that the reason Spider-Man beat Star Wars Episode II was because the public prefers superheroes over sci-fi.

Well, here's a chance to test that theory again.

Ah, but Batman Begins isn't like Spider-Man. It's dark and serious and broody and depressing and scary as fcuk.

Bahriah, I think you're going to LOVE this movie.

Just like I went and watched Episode III because it ws Star Wars, I'm going to watch Batman Begins for a similar reason. It's Batman. Plain and simple.

Batman as it should have been.

One more thing before I go: I've cut my hair and shave my moustache. And now, at that risk of sounding conceited, I say this: DAMN! I look GOOD!

No comments: