Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Lovely to be back...

Well, just got back from KL. Sure would've loved to spend more time there. But of course, most of our time in Malaysia was spent looking for my dad's cousin and driving (and driving) to Cameron Highlands. Did you know that the time it takes to drive up the hill towards the Strawberry farm there takes the same time as going from my house to Changi Airport? Just a heads-up if you're thinking of getting some fresh strawberries there.

I have to admit though, the tea plantation was just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Here are the pics from the trip. Try not to "AWWW" too much when you see my dad's cousin's kids. (What do you call THAT, then?)

In other news: Friendster really is a great thing. It's how I keep contact with most of my old friends. It's how I even stumbled across long-lost primary school classmates. But honestly, it's slow and getting kinda boring there.

So, being the expert bandwagon jumper that I am, I'm going to join MySpace. Amazing how it turned from a third-rate Friendster wannabe to the 7th most visited site on the World Wide Web. Must be doing something right. It's fast-loading, it looks great, it even has rock bands with accounts, which unlike Friendster, some of them are actually owned by the bands themselves.

So why am I announcing this? Well, of course, like Friendster, I'm going to need some friends there. But of course, since I keep refusing all those invites to Multiply my other friends keep sending me, you all might not be so receptive to my invites to join MySpace. So, I'm just going to have ask personally, one by one, if any of you would be interested to join yet another social site. It's much better than just sending those impersonal emails.

No comments: