Friday, January 27, 2006

A very muddy city

It's beginning to be a tradition. Every Chinese New Year for the past 4 years, me and the family goes on a road trip to Malaysia. Usually it's to Kuala Lumpur, with the occasional detour through Malacca, and one time, Port Dickson. Nothing wrong with that, I love Kuala Lumpur. It's exactly what I thought a big city would be like. Crowded, dirty, people not giving a (beep) about courtesy. I'm strange that way. This year's trip may actually be a whole lot better than our last trip, back in May. It was spoiled by the fact that Star Wars Episode III was opening in that very same time, yet I couldn't go for the opening, because my parents would rather shop for clothes you could easily find at Orchard Road!

But since there's nothing else I would rather do this week (besides Police Academy on Channel 5, which I will sadly miss), may as well be in KL. The towers, the Times Square, the Petaling Street with the shoes and the gropers. Some people don't like it in that city. Some people are wimps.

I can't wait to go to the Ultimate Big City. You know, the one so nice, they named it twice.

In closing, two words: Arctic Monkeys. w00t!

No comments: