Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Dive! Dive! Dive!

Well, diving may not be the most glamourous sport in the Summer Games, but I like to watch it anyway. I still wonder how the best divers can enter the pool from 10 meters out without making a splash. Anyway, I just watched a diving final, the Men's Sychronised 3M Springboard final. China of course were the favourites. So of course, when one of their divers made an awful mistake by slipping and making an uncompleted dive, therefore getting a big fat score of 0.00. So who stepped up and took advantage? The home country Greece. It was Euro 2004 all over again as the Greek fans celebrated an unexpected gold medal. I can't blame them. Poor China. Well, anyone who makes a dumb mistake like that doesn't deserve a medal anyway.

And apparently, Ian Thorpe won the 200m freestyle, beating Michael Phelps. Usually I'd say Phelps is over-rated, but not in this case. I truly believe he can be one of the greatest of all time. Just wait till Beijing 2008. Thorpe will be in his prime, and Phelps will be peaking. That will be a showdown I will not miss.

2 months until Half-Life 2. Can't bloody wait.

No comments: