Monday, July 10, 2006

This is it.

Well, boys and girls, it's time for the requisite "Holy sh!t! I'm going to NS tomorrow" post.

But, well, I've debated on whether to do this post. I mean, I'm only going to Jalan Bahar to get my bum bum kicked by overzealous commanders and kiss-assy type recruit bullies. Note, Jalan Bahar, not New York . (I want to be a part of it, Jalan Bahaaaaaaar...)

I can't lie to you. I'm scared. Terrified. Not only about what will happen to me during Basic Training, but after that - Full-Time National Service. And after THAT, what would happen to me? (Some of you will know what I'm talking about.) It's all I can do to not lose it and just swim to Australia to escape it all. Ah, the perks of being Singaporean, eh? Serve 2 years looking after the country and after that, oh hi, here's a rope. Now start climbing out of your own grave.

I can do this. Of course I can. I'm The Fiz, damn it! I can do it if I put my mind to it. (Thanks, Marty McFly)

It may end up being the time of my life. I may learn something useful like how to climb a tree (dead useful trick to have), and maybe, just maybe, no bullies. Oh, heh, I'm sorry, I forgot, I'm The Fiz. I'm not that lucky. I suppose I'll have to bring along every single ounce of the sunny-side up character of myself. And steel to sew on my skin. Wait, I will learn how to sew, right?

I just remembered something about me and bullies: I usually let them have it their way. Not this year, buckos.

So, here's the biggest note to self: Suck up everything the SCDF throws at you! Because by gum, if you can swim through a ditch full of pee and rotting Chicken Rice, while being pelted with flour and yet more pee, all without batting a smelly eyelid, well then, you can just bloody well do anything! Rise up! Become The Fiz!

Why am I yelling so much?! Oh yeah, self-confidence riser mixed with self-delusion! Whatever works! Ok, stop it.

Remember, gentle readers, this isn't goodbye. If I hear correctly, I'll be home every weekend. Of course, I'll either be catching up on the Zs, or going out trying to get a life. But I'll try to update here once in a while, whenever the computer isn't on strike. If you're lucky (or not), maybe you'll catch me on MSN. My aim is this: I want to spend as little time as possible at home. Just enough to satisfy my parents.

Oh, and since I can't bring a phone charger, no point bringing a handphone, right? Where's the logic anyway, allowing phones yet not allowing chargers.................

Sooooo, I guess that's it. Rant over. Enough of the worrying and the depressions and the crying and the moping and the lazing and all the glayvin. Time for me to sit in my room, get my stuff ready, maybe punch my bolster a few times, then hug it's cottony guts out.

And hope for the best.

I'll see you when I see you.

No comments: