Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hey, look! A post in the wee hours of the morning!

So I just found out about this sub-genre of rock (one out of a gazillion trillion) called Mathcore. It's basically bands playing their songs in the key of Pythagoras' Theorem. Actually, no. It's just bands playing in some really extremely super-dupery complex structures...ok, basically, you need a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics to write a Mathcore song. Well, no, you don't, but man, it sure feels like it.

Oh, just look it up in Wikipedia. Suffice to say, I've probably found my new favourite genre. Or sub-genre. Wonder how long till I find another genre (or sub-genre) to replace it as my new favourite?

And why did Pitchfork, they of the snobbish pretentious musical tastes and reviews, they who gave Muse's Black Holes and Revelations an unbelievably low 4.2 out of 10, give their No. 1 Song of the Year to Justin Timberlake's My Love? The mind boggles.

I mean, Sexy Back's far more catchier!

No comments: