Monday, January 02, 2006

2005: Thank God it's not another 1995!

Time for my memories of 2005. Better late than never, hmmmm?

Ok, memories, memories.....

Uh....

Mmmmm...

You know what? 2005? It's definitely not a repeat of 1995 (which I constantly feared it would be and am grateful that it isn't), but it's not good. In fact, it's downright forgettable. ThereIsNoMatrix from the MatrixMania forums said it best: "2005 was like the quiet kid that sits in front of you in class. He's not doing anything to piss you off, but there's nothing about him that attracts you to talk to him either. 2005 was just meh."

In short, 2005 was notable solely for 2 things: A very, very bad January with a life-changing (and I'm not exaggerating) event at school (Ask me about it in person and I MAY tell you what that is exactly). And a party hearty December to remember.

Rocky start, incredible end, with a bland 10 months in between. That's 2005 for me.

There's an interesting aspect of my life: even-numbered years are always good years for me, odd-numbered years very bad. Dunno why. For example:

1998: Best Class Ever. Pass PSLE
1999: Not the best beginning in YISS
2000: Year I decided to kick the anti-social habit. Still kicking btw.
2001: My 2nd worst year academically
2002: Great class, my English writing was at its peak. Oh, and 6 O Levels. :D

And so on. There's 1995 of course, but I've talked enough of that year.

Ok, so here's my 3 New Year's Resolutions. Like rules and promises, they're just begging to be broken, but I'll try to keep at least 2 of 'em intact. I've categorised them in 3 categories.

Hard: Lose weight (kilos, inches, and oh God, that chest...)

Near Impossible: Get a girlfriend. (Alright, get up, no need to laugh THAT hard!)

Now I'm Just Dreaming: Win Singapore Idol. (Seriously, you're going to get a heart attack laughing that hard. Stop it!)

So, 2006. My 20th year of existence. And pretty soon, National Service. Yep, the excitement juuust keeps building.

Happy New 2006 everyone!

No comments: